The COVID-19 situation is nothing that any of us have experienced before. Every business within every industry is trying to work through the impact of this global pandemic. While some have had to ramp up their business operations, others have slowed dramatically as they wait this out. Regardless, one focus that we all share is the same: the safety of our spaces, our employees and our customers.
Rugby/RexxHall Realty is committed to providing information and resources to help our tenants to stay healthy and work safely.
Center for Disease Control Protection Tips
The Center for Disease Control (CDC) put together a list of suggestions for protecting yourself and others. Those include:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a cloth face cover when around others.
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue when you cough or sneeze or use the inside of your elbow.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily.
Click here to see the full list of recommendations. Consider printing this and hanging it within your business to help protect your staff, customers and others.
Pennsylvania has created a list of mandates for any businesses operating with employees on site. Those include:
- Businesses must provide masks for employees and require them to be worn while employees are at a work site.
- Businesses must stagger work start and end times for employees when possible.
- Employers must provide sufficient space for employees to have breaks and meals while maintaining social distancing.
- If a business discovers a suspected or confirmed case of COVID-19, they must implement temperature screenings of each employee before he or she enters the business. (Employees with a temperature above 100.4 degrees must be sent home.)
- If there is a coronavirus exposure, the business must close off and ventilate areas visited by that worker, wait 24 hours before cleaning all spaces and common rooms and notify all employees who were in close contact with that person.
Click here to see the full list of mandated safety measures for Pennsylvania businesses.
Maintaining a social distance of six feet has been put in place to help prevent the spread of the Coronavirus. Certain situations make it difficult to achieve this distance, which includes the use of an elevator. Because all Rugby/RexxHall Realty buildings are equip with elevators, we ask our tenants to please follow these guidelines for safety:
- Avoid entering elevators with more than three other people – use a rule of only four riders at a time.
- Wear a mask and avoid getting on the elevator with someone not wearing a mask.
- Once you are in the elevator, maintain the furthest possible distance from others.
- Face away from other passengers.
- If three passengers are on the elevator at one time, the person in the middle should stand in front of the other two, so contact is less likely.
- If you need to sneeze or cough, make sure to cover your mouth and nose with your elbow and not your hand.
- If possible, use your sleeve or a clean tissue on the elevator buttons to avoid hand contact.
- Use hand sanitizer before entering and after exiting the elevator.
- Consider taking the stairs.
Please keep in mind that because fewer people can use an elevator at once, it will likely take longer to reach your destination. Thank you for your patience as we work together to protect each other’s safety.